Facilitation of inter-municipal cooperation and enhancement of good governance principles in Latvian local governments
Goal of the project: Improved inter-municipal cooperation and strengthened good governance to improve quality and effectiveness of public services.
Partners: Latvian Association of Local and Regional Governments (LALRG), Association of Major Cities of Latvia (AMCL), Norwegian Association of Local and Regional Authorities (KS).
Period of implementation: 06.2021.-04.2024.
- Analysis of inter-municipal and intra-municipal cooperation practice in Latvia and its possible improvements (research; regional workshops to analyse data and exchange experience; elaboration of recommendations for further development of inter-municipal and intra-municipal cooperation in Latvia)
- Implementation of pilot actions to enhance, extend or establish inter-municipal and intra-municipal cooperation.
- Good governance enhancement measures in Latvian local governments (elaboration of good governance guidelines and a self-assessment tool of ethical conduct for local governments; training seminars for local politicians and local government staff)
- Study visits to Norway, Poland and Finland on good governance and inter-municipal cooperation practice.
- Elaboration of the operational strategy of state cities until 2027.
- Development of the AMCL discussion platform and strengthening the AMCL network of experts
Project Manager: Zane Kaufelde, 26553153, email@example.com
The project is implemented with the financial support of the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism 2014-2021 programme “Local Development, Poverty Reduction and Cultural Cooperation”.
Experience exchange visit to Iceland on refugee reception and social cohesion policy at local level
Looking back at what has been done in strengthening inter-municipal cooperation and good governance
Mentor training on principles of good governance will result in several regional seminars
Experience exchange visit to Norway
The journey through the historical Latvian lands begins in Zemgale
The second "Cooperation with residents within the local government" network seminar
Local government specialists discuss the involvement of citizens in local government processes
Representatives of local governments get acquainted with a fascinating overview of historical lands