Facilitation of inter-municipal cooperation and enhancement of good governance principles in Latvian local governments
Goal of the project: Improved inter-municipal cooperation and strengthened good governance to improve quality and effectiveness of public services.
Partners: Latvian Association of Local and Regional Governments (LALRG), Association of Major Cities of Latvia (AMCL), Norwegian Association of Local and Regional Authorities (KS).
Period of implementation: 06.2021.-04.2024.
- Analysis of inter-municipal and intra-municipal cooperation practice in Latvia and its possible improvements (research; regional workshops to analyse data and exchange experience; elaboration of recommendations for further development of inter-municipal and intra-municipal cooperation in Latvia)
- Implementation of pilot actions to enhance, extend or establish inter-municipal and intra-municipal cooperation.
- Good governance enhancement measures in Latvian local governments (elaboration of good governance guidelines and a self-assessment tool of ethical conduct for local governments; training seminars for local politicians and local government staff)
- Study visits to Norway, Poland and Finland on good governance and inter-municipal cooperation practice.
- Elaboration of the operational strategy of state cities until 2027.
- Development of the AMCL discussion platform and strengthening the AMCL network of experts
The project is implemented with the financial support of the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism 2014-2021 programme “Local Development, Poverty Reduction and Cultural Cooperation”.
Launching the project Facilitation of inter-municipal cooperation and enhancement of good governance principle